First Church of Christ
Richard Turlington led the renovation of this circa 1900 building in downtown New Haven CT. The original bank building was renovated to provide a new home for the Church overlooking the historic Town Green. The existing façade was a product of a 1970’s “facelift” and was composed with a limestone cladding and stucco surround, metal windows, and fluted spandrel panels. As the construction budget was limited and the original terra cotta and brick could not be restored, we chose to amplify the simplicity of the existing materials with a new color scheme, reflecting the Church’s desire for identity within an urban fabric. The project area was 15,000 square feet.